Resources for Researchers and Industry
- Download our PPI for Researchers for more information on what to expect from the Surgical MIC.
- Being Inclusive in Public Involvement (PI) in Health Research
- Public Co-Applicants in Research – guidance on roles and responsibilities
- Involving patients and the public in research – summary report
- Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement in Research: enabling meaningful contributions
- Ensuring ethnic diversity in research – advice for researchers
- An introduction to cultural competence in research
- Patient and public advice on ethnic diversity in research
- Payment guidance for researchers and professionals
Resources for Patients and the Public
An interactive course for new and experienced reviewers of health and social care research, which has been produced by a team of public reviewers and patient and public involvement professionals with the NIHR.
- Go straight to the modules
- Download our PPI Contributor role description for more information on what patient and public involvement activities look like.
- Patient Engagement Training and Resources Repository
- Payment guidance for members of the public considering involvement in research
- Pint of Science 2021 Live Shows
Introduction to Health Technology Assessment – Learn about health technology assessment (HTA) and quality of life (QoL), and how they’re used to decide which treatments to fund
Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare: Opportunities and Challenges – The use of artificial intelligence (AI) in healthcare is increasing, explore the challenges and opportunities AI presents.
The Power of Data in Health and Social Care – Discover the power of data analytics for individuals and organisations working in health and social care.
Nanotechnology for Health: Innovative Designs for Medical Diagnosis – Discover how types of nanotechnology can be used for exciting new opportunities in healthcare.
Ultrasound Imaging: What Is Inside? – Understand the technology of ultrasound, see how it is used in clinical practice and learn how to improve medical imaging.
Measuring and Valuing Health – Learn how patient-reported outcome measures and quality-adjusted life years can compare treatments and inform health spending.
Health Technology Assessment: Choosing Which Treatments Get Funded – Enhance your understanding of how new drugs and treatments are adopted by health services through health technology assessments.
MedTech: Trends and Product Design – Explore the product design process of MedTech devices and examine future trends in healthcare technology and the MedTech industry.
MedTech: Digital Health and Wearable Technology – Discover digital health and learn how wearable technology is transforming healthcare with this online MedTech course.
MedTech: AI and Medical Robots – Explore human robot interaction and enter the fascinating world of robotics and artificial intelligence in healthcare.
Digital Health for Cancer Management: Smart Health Technologies in Complex Diseases – Learn how new digital health technologies are transforming cancer management with this course for healthcare professionals.