Are you a researcher? Or maybe you are a company and not quite sure how you can have more patient and public involvement for your project. Involving patients/lay members can:
- help map the patient journey from the patient perspective. This is important for those wanting to access NIHR funding.
- help you identify areas that will improve the patient experience and outcome.
- help you undertake an assessment of your patient engagement ambition and strategy.
This handy guide might help to work out how we can help with patient and public involvement.
- Download our PPI for Researchers for more information on what to expect from the Surgical MIC.
- Being Inclusive in Public Involvement (PI) in Health Research
- Public Co-Applicants in Research – guidance on roles and responsibilities
- Planning your involvement (Cancer Research UK worksheet)
- Involving patients and the public in research – summary report
- Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement in Research: enabling meaningful contributions
- Ensuring ethnic diversity in research – advice for researchers
- An introduction to cultural competence in research
- Patient and public advice on ethnic diversity in research
Case studies coming soon!