The role of the Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) is to provide oversight, input and advise on the development and coordination of Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) in the activities conducted by NIHR Surgical MedTech Cooperative and to act as a ‘critical friend’.
The aims of the PPI Committee
- To facilitate a shared understanding of patient and public involvement in research and help to develop consistency across the NIHR Surgical MedTech Cooperative themes.
- To identify, discuss and address issues of common concern and avoid unnecessary duplication of effort.
- To facilitate access to support and resources that are available from INVOLVE and other PPI group member organisations.
- To exchange ideas, strengthen skills and share examples of good practice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and guidance as appropriate to the NIHR Surgical MIC.
- Develop appropriate policies to support the development of PPI for NIHR Surgical MIC.
- Provide advice on issues that affect end users.
- Provide a mechanism via which requests for updates and/or attendance at meetings can be channelled.
- Provide a forum for discussion of progress.
- Guide the development of recommendations for further work.